- To be considered to lease a property from Uptown Property Management, all applicants 18 years of age or older must submit a rental application. Pets are subject to the property owners approval and will require additional security deposit. The homeowner reserves the right to give final approval on all processed applications.
- Applicants are required to make 3 times gross the monthly rent. Income may be combined for qualified applicants who meet the credit and other requirements as listed. Considered income must be documented.
- Co-Signers and Guarantors must complete an application to qualify. They will be subject to the requirements of the rental application and must adhere to the lease agreement.
- Applicants must show proof of income consisting of the most recent two paystubs OR if self employed, most recent tax return & last two month's bank statements.
- If you are a new resident, please supply an official job offer/employment letter if proof of income is unavailable, unless moving due to a job transfer with the same employer.
- Applicants must have satisfactory credit. At least one applicant must have a minimum credit/residence score of 600 to be considered when applying for a rental property.
- Poor or lack of credit, unpaid utility bills or collections from prior Landlord's can result in an increased security deposit or denial of rental application.
- Bankruptcies must be discharged and have not occurred in the last 3 years.
- Criminal Background Check
- Applicants are subject to a national criminal and background check as part of the application process. Criminal history that will result in denial of rental application includes:
- Any sexual crime or offense for any time period
- Felony bodily injury
- Felony destruction of property
- Felony distribution or manufacturing of a controlled substance
- Rental History
- Applicant must provide at least 2 years of rental/landlord history or proof of being current on their mortgage payments (most recent mortgage statement).
- Negative rental/landlord history, lack of rental history, or mortgage delinquency can result in additional security deposit or application denial.
- Evictions or foreclosures in the last 5 years can result in application denial.
- Pet Policy
- Applicants who have pets should review the rental listing to verify there are no pet restrictions or limitations prior to applying.
- All pets are subject to the property owners approval. Additional security deposit will be required for any approved pet(s) in the amount of one-half month's rent per pet.
- Other than specific limitations imposed by the property owner as stated in the listing, a maximum of two, small to medium sized common domesticated pets (under 60 lbs) with a non-aggressive disposition shall be considered. Farm or wild animals shall not be permitted. Pit Bulls (Stafford shire Bull Terrier) and Rottweilers are also not permitted, including any breeds not allowed by the homeowners insurance carrier.
Standard security deposit is equal to one month's rent. However, the security deposit can be increased based on perceived risks due to income, credit, rental history, pets, etc.
Once the rental application is submitted, any missing information must be supplied within two business days, otherwise the application will be declined and application fee forfeited.
Incomplete applications or false, unverifiable information are also reasons your application can be denied.
- Applicants must sign the lease and submit the security deposit within two (2) business days. Any prepaid and prorated rents must be submitted prior to moving in.
- Properties can be held for a maximum of two weeks from date of approval, with a paid security deposit.
- Security deposit and first month's / prorated rent must be paid in certified funds (ie. cashier's checks, money orders). No cash is accepted.
- All properties managed by Uptown Property Management are non-smoking. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises, including the garage.
- Lease term will be for one year
- Rent is due on the first of each month, or next business day if it falls on a weekend or holiday. There are no grace periods. Online payments are encouraged.
- Proof of renters insurance will be required at time of lease signing, with Uptown Property Management added as an additional interest.